Hogwarts JDR, A Magic School in the 50s
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Lisa Gaunt

Lisa Gaunt  Empty Lisa Gaunt

Message  Lisa Gaunt Sam 29 Sep - 14:59

Hey ! Quite a newbie there ... I do not speak a word of french, but my english's not that bad (at least I hope so !) so... let's try !

-

My life's so wonderfull ! My two parents love each other, I posess two cats and a horse (named Joy I love you ) and live in the most beautifull farm of Scottland !
Now, you should be thinking ... Is this marvelous creature scottish ? Has she incredible ginger hair and fantastic green eyes ?
No. Saddly ...
I was born in New York, at the end of WW2. Despererate by the actual politics, knowing their country had killed million of innocent people with their atomic monsters, my parents chose to flee. Leaving everything they knew, emigrating in a partially destroyed Europe...
Everything I can recall of this era's teinted by poverty, hunger and disease... Until my 6th birthday, we lived in Bristol. tough conditions, no money... A disaster...
Hopefully, we met a young woman, member of some charity group, who offered us an oportunity : moving to Scottland to help rebuilding a school and make it available, again.
Because of that, I could study like any girl of my age should, growing up with the love of parents, kindness of villagers, warmth of friendship.

And here I am ! Tall (for my age), brown hair and eyes, a little skinny, always smiling. Like any other girl of my class, I like to imagine myself living in a wondrous castle, eating whatever I want, whenever I want it (remains of my childhood ?)...
I also imagine myself as a fairy, dressed with the prettiest outfit, dispensing love and kindness arround this world with a magic staff !

How could I imagine then that ... I am a wizard ? Are these people crazy ? Or... Hey... I mean... THAT'S SO WONDERFULL ! I'M GOING TO WEAR A PINK GLOWING DRESS, WINGS ARE GONNA GROW ON MY BACK AND I WILL USE MY SUPERPOWERS TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY FOREVER !

So..... I explained my parents I had an important mission, and followed these people to... Hogwarts ? Let's begin !

S*IT... I made a huge temporal mistake... Sorry... Gonna rewrite it then. Since it's my first time in english, do you have some advices ?
Lisa Gaunt
Lisa Gaunt

Age - How Old Are You [IG] : 11

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Lisa Gaunt  Empty Re: Lisa Gaunt

Message  Mana Patalino Sam 29 Sep - 19:48

Hello there and welcome!! o/
For my part I can totally write english, and we mainly do all so it's ok! Wink

So, for advice, what are you looking for exactly? XD
I don't even know the temporal mistake you made so if it's huge, I must be blind! What a Face
Maybe the fact that they "flee" is inapropriate for the Era. At the time, they would use boat to travel I guess. But that's minor detail for me.
Or the rose fairy outfit...but again, it may be possible even in 1947! Razz

However, one thing would be to talk about the Gaunt Family and how you're included in it. Are your parents both wizard or a branch from Isolt and James Steward? (knowing that they would change names)
I think it would be interesting to deepen that part! Wink

If you were thinking about something else, tell me and I will (try) to help you! Razz
Or if you have others question stoo! I love you

Mana Patalino
Mana Patalino

Activité - What You Do [IG] : Eleve en 2ème année
Age - How Old Are You [IG] : 12 ans

Fiche Personnage - Character Sheet
Vitalité, Life Points:
Lisa Gaunt  Left_bar_bleue50/50Lisa Gaunt  Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Etats - Conditions: En bonne santé - In Good Health
Description:

Message  Emmy Sea Dim 30 Sep - 10:50

Helloooooo! and Welcome!

Your character seems really interesting, I can't wait to know more about her, and intertact in game!

Like a Star @ heaven Don't worry about the language, we're mostly using both. If there are posts only in french, ask Scenario, Background to translate them when you need them!

When you'll play with others, you can write everything in english, and ask for a bit of explanations from the other players if they write in french, to understand at least their actions ^^

Mana, "flee" is not the same as "fly", I think you mixed up these two words ^^ "To flee" means to run away, so it's correct to use it.

It's okay if you make some mistakes in English, we all do, haha! (I will only point out: it's Scotland, with only one T, not Scottland ^^)

Like a Star @ heaven About your temporal mistake: I think it is that you say your character was born at the end of WWII, right? 'Cause if so, you wouldn't be old enough to go to Hogwarts in 1947 Laughing .

In the 40s and 50s, fairies were green, most of the time, not pink. Pink was not yet associated with girly things, that came later, at the end of the XXth century. Fairies were green because of their link to nature, but also because they were associated with absinth, in marketing XD

At this time, girly things were coloured in pastel blue, or salmon/beige, more often, and with shiny decorations.

Like a Star @ heaven I agree with Mana on the need to detail a little your link to the Gaunt family line Smile Especially since your close family was american?

I like that your story is really related to the historical context, by the way!

I'm sorry if it's a bit long ^^' Can't wait to read some more of your story, and to find you in the game later!
Emmy Sea
Emmy Sea

Activité - What You Do [IG] : 2nd year Student
Age - How Old Are You [IG] : 12

Vitalité, Life Points:
Etats - Conditions: En Bonne Santé - In Good Health
Description:

Message  Lisa Gaunt Dim 30 Sep - 16:19

Hm, I made a mistake there : Gaunt's a common name, I had totally forgotten it was also linked with this universe. Sorry. I can change it needed !
Correct for the rest, my character cannot enter Hogwarts as a 2 years old girl, right Razz ?

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the advices ! I will rewrite it tomorrow, so I can play fast ! See you soon then Very Happy
Lisa Gaunt
Lisa Gaunt

Message  Mana Patalino Dim 30 Sep - 20:22

Oh yeah, I didn't though of the age! XD
But that's incredible the name is a coincidence! I don't really know if it's a matter, may be you can play on people thinking you're a Gaunt family member whereas you're not!

Yeah, I tried to conjugate "fly" and it gave "flee" instead of "flew"! My bad! OuO

Mana Patalino
Mana Patalino

Vitalité, Life Points:
Description:

Message  Emmy Sea Lun 1 Oct - 12:06

OH, sorry about the confusion, on the name ^^'
That could be a fun thing to play, though, as Mana said!

See you soon in the game Very Happy ! I love the avatar picture by the way Very Happy
Emmy Sea
Emmy Sea

Activité - What You Do [IG] : 2nd year Student
Age - How Old Are You [IG] : 12

Vitalité, Life Points:
Etats - Conditions: En Bonne Santé - In Good Health
Description:

Message  Lisa Gaunt Lun 1 Oct - 15:48

So here it is ! Embarassed if accepted, I will begin the tutorial Embarassed

My life's so wonderfull ! My two parents love each other, I posess two cats and a horse (named Joy I love you ) and live in the most beautifull farm of Scotland !
Now, you should be thinking ... Is this marvelous creature scotish ? Has she incredible ginger hair and fantastic green eyes ?
No. Saddly ...
I was born in New York, at the very beginning of WW2. Tired by a terrific politic, my parents chose to flee their native country. They neve precisely explained the reason though... Because I was 4 years old, I can only remember tiny details... A cover of the time presenting a certain 'Hitler, as "Person of the Year 1938", a picture of my mother's sister (who used to live in Autria), andother details I cannot join together....
Here's what I recall : we all left the USA, knowing daddy had an oportunity in Bristol.
Sadly, no one was waiting for us, since the company had been dissolved, their workers fighting for a war that wasn't event concerning this country !
So...
Everything I can recall of this era's teinted by poverty, hunger and disease... Until my 6th birthday, we lived there, with nothing. Our life was a complete mess. A disaster.

Hopefully, we met a young woman, member of some charity group, who offered us an oportunity : moving to Scottland to help rebuilding a school and make it available, again.
Because of that, I could study like any girl of my age should, growing up with the love of parents, kindness of villagers, warmth of friendship.

And here I am ! Tall (for my age), brown hair and eyes, a little skinny, always smiling. Like any other girl of my class, I like to imagine myself living in a wondrous castle, eating whatever I want, whenever I want it (remains of my childhood ?)...
I also imagine myself as a fairy, dressed with the prettiest outfit, dispensing love and kindness arround this world with a magic staff !

How could I imagine then that ... I am a wizard ? Are these people crazy ? Or... Hey... I mean... THAT'S SO WONDERFULL ! I'M GOING TO WEAR AN ADORABLE GREEN DRESS, HAVE MAGIC WHITE FLOWERS IN MY HAIR, WINGS ARE GONNA GROW ON MY BACK AND I WILL USE MY SUPERPOWERS TO MAKE EVERYBODY HAPPY FOREVER !

So..... I explained my parents I had an important mission, and followed these people to... Hogwarts ? Let's begin !
Lisa Gaunt
Lisa Gaunt

Message  Scenario, Background Mar 2 Oct - 9:28

We are absolutely pleased to welcome you in this game Very Happy !

If you have any questions or if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
If you haven't done so already, don't forget to read the explanatory or presentation articles, here and there in the first main section, to have all the information you'll need in the game Smile

Welcome and have fun! See you in tutorial Wink

Scenario, Background
Scenario, Background
Admin

Activité - What You Do [IG] : MJ Scenario GM
Age - How Old Are You [IG] : X

Vitalité, Life Points:
Etats - Conditions: X
Description:

Message  Mana Patalino Mar 2 Oct - 19:44

Hehe, that's great! o/

I think you can start the tutorial to learn how to play! Wink
Mana Patalino
Mana Patalino

Vitalité, Life Points:
Description:

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé